Easy Homemade Naturally Sweetened Granola
This easy to make healthy granola recipe is naturally sweetened with coconut sugar or granulated monkfruit. It’s made with oats, coconut oil or vegan butter and you can add your choice of nuts and fruit.
- 6 cups old-fashioned uncut whole grain rolled oats
- ½ cup of almonds
- ½ cup of hazelnuts
- ½ cup one stick of melted better, vegan butter, coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt if not using salted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamon
- ½ cup coconut sugar monkfruit sugar maple syrup or honey
- ⅔ cup of your choice of dried/ cut fruit like cranberries coconut flakes, carob chips (all optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and fruit, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
Pour in the melted butter/oil. Mix well, spread the granola onto cookie sheet evenly.
Bake until lightly golden toasted about 20 minutes, stirring 1/2 way through.
Let cool before serving and store in an air-tight container.