As you all know, cutting out/ eating less meat is a great way to decrease our carbon footprint- this healthy, veggie infused semi-gourmet Mediterranean Vegetarian Meat Loaf comes out really well- do try it! Its great with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower and a roasted red pepper sauce as a condiment.
2 packs (800g) of Beyond Burger/ Lightlife ground veg. “meat”
1/2 diced organic onion
1 diced organic red and green pepper
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs or panko
2 eggs (best from our organic backyard city chickens 😉 )
1 c. sliced kalamata olives
3/4 brick of feta cheese
1/3 c olive oil
salt, black and white pepper and Italian seasoning to taste!
Form into a loaf and place on parchment paper and lay on cookie sheet.
Cook 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
Modified veg recipe thanks to aunt Ulla Broander Ödahl, who lived on Cyprus!
Mediterranean Vegetarian Meat Loaf
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper (optional)
- 2 packs 800g of Beyond Burger/ Lightlife ground veg. "meat"
- 1/2 diced organic onion
- 1 diced organic red and green pepper
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs or panko
- 2 eggs best if you have organic backyard chickens
- 1 c. sliced kalamata olives
- 3/4 brick of feta cheese
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 2 tsp salt black and white pepper and Italian seasoning to taste!
- Cook 350 degrees for 1 hour.